Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Laphroaig and a Steak

Fired up the grill for the first time this season. Tossed a couple thick steaks on and torched em up perfectly ... accompanied my steak with a short pour of Laphroaig Quarter Cask. It's a perfect marriage of smoke and meat. I think the only way it could have been better would have been if I still had some Longrow left over from the bottle I received for Christmas.
Laphroaig and Longrow are currently tops on my list, with the slight edge going to Laphroaig, simply because Longrow is just too expensive to keep around all of the time - although I'm pretty impressed with myself ... for as good as Longrow tastes, I was able to stretch the last bottle I had from Christmas up until the late days of February. Trust me, that was a hard thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Reads like ef'ing Heaven my boy. Let me know the next time this happens. I will bring the steaks.

    ReplyDelete